Thursday, January 8, 2009



Last night I watched Psychomania. As far as awesome movies go, this is one. It's about a bike gang called The Living Dead who achieve immortality by killing themselves and really believing that they'll come back to life (it's true, one member didn't believe and he just died). Then, once resurrected, they go on a murder spree because, hey why not? there aren't any consequences.

One of my favorite moments is early in the movie when Tom, the leader of the gang, first discovers the secret to immortality, but doesn't tell anybody, so when he rides his motorbike off a bridge, the other gang members think he's really dead. They then persuade his mother to allow them to give him a proper biker burial, which I thought was going to be really badass, but wasn't actually. What really happens is that they send him off with an acoustic ballad (which I've posted here).

Also, the gang members all had really badass names, including: Hatchet, Hinky, Gash, Chopped Meat, and Bertram. Also, a frog was somehow really important to attaining immortality, but I'm not sure how exactly. Also, the movie sort of disproves my earlier theory that to prove how crazy they are, two male gang members will dance together. The only dancing was between Tom and his mother. But a couple gang members did briefly carry parasols as they wreaked havoc. And they all killed themselves, which I guess is crazy in its own way.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should watch this movie.

No comments: