Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tomorrow may be my first day of substitute teaching, so watching Blackboard Jungle tonight was probably a bad idea. Now I'm afraid I'll get a room full of JDs crazed by the rock & roll and the cheap wine and they'll pull a knife on me. I can only hope Sidney Poitier will be there to protect me.

A theme in movies about gangs, be they street or bike, seems to be, when the gang makes its entrance, two dudes dance together to prove just how crazy they are. See: Blackboard Jungle, the Wild One, Mad Max.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think that, if it came down to it, you could probably win a dance-off with the JDs. If that's any comfort.

AdrienneH said...

Weird, I actually get that reference because.. no joke... I had to watch part "Blackboard Jungle" in teachers college. It was used to teach us about classroom management... because of the film's staggering realism I assume. *sigh*

Playswith Squirrels said...

I really wish that was a joke. Did you watch the part where he throws a student through a window to stop a rape? Because that's a useful technique.