Thursday, January 29, 2009

More scorn


Today I was listening to the radio as I drove my mom's car back from taking her to the airport, and I had it on 106.3 WGER (for no reason other than I couldn't find anything better). I don't even remember what they were talking about, but the DJ (that d-bag above) stated that it's "despicable" for two men to be involved in a long-term relationship. It's maddening that that kind of hate speech can be broadcast, and I'm sending an angry letter to the station today. I'm sure nobody listens to that station anyway, but if you do, don't. And if you also feel compelled to write a letter, here is the address of the station:

WGER
1795 Tittabawassee Rd.
Saginaw, MI 48604

UPDATE:
This is actually much worse than I thought. I thought this was just a local DJ, but it appears that he's actually based in Dallas and syndicated throughout the U.S. His website is here, and contact information for the Citadel corporate office is here.

So I guess a boycott would pretty much mean not listening to the radio because Citadel owns just about every station, but I won't ask you to do that. I'm going to write to the local station, anyway, because they still broadcast his show, but I'm also writing to his show and to Citadel.

4 comments:

Recipe for Delicious said...

Hello Darling,

I have found your blog and I love it. It makes me miss you. I hope you are hanging in there in America.

*Butt grab

Playswith Squirrels said...

Is this Julie? The butt grab makes me think this is Julie. Either way, I miss you, too.

Recipe for Delicious said...

It is indeed. I'm... glad... you miss me no matter who I am.

Playswith Squirrels said...

I miss you more when you're Julie, if that helps.