Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's strange how the possibility of winning $27 (minus the $3 I put in) can make me care more about football than I have in many, many years. I almost won, too, which is amazing in the way that I didn't watch a single game all year and had to look up who was even playing as I placed my bet.

Next year, god willing, a fun drinking game during the Super Bowl would be taking a drink every time John Madden says something with gay subtext (I say god willing because John Madden is looking so very old).

My favorite part of the game, though, was when the Boss meant to go into a controlled slide across the stage, but, due to a slight miscalculation, slid junk-first into the camera. He has some amazing moves for a man his age. I couldn't pull off most of them (but I do skip exercise in favor of lying in bed all day).

Watching football made me want to play football, by which I mean Madden 95 for Sega Genesis. It was difficult at first because I don't know what any of the plays mean. I don't have much of a running game because whenever I pick a play that I think will result in running, I still end up passing. I've taken to running hail marys for every play, throwing it if I can, but mostly turning them into QB sneaks, which has been surprisingly successful. I guess nobody expects the quarterback to run from a shotgun formation, so I always catch them unprepared.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it great that *I* won the football pool? I mean great in that I might be the only person there who knew *less* about football than you did.

Playswith Squirrels said...

There's definitely some truth to that. At least I know which way the stitches go.