Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The strangest thing happened last night. I took a delivery to this house, and it was kind of creepy from the start because there was no porch light and there didn't seem to be any lights on in the house. So I ring the doorbell, and I can hear some voices inside, and then this lady opens the door whilst talking on the phone and smoking a cigarette, but never turning the lights on. I give her the food, and she hands me a check, and then says "Keep the rest." I mumble a thank you, and start to walk away, thinking that she was probably mocking me because she didn't leave a tip.

But then I look down and the check is made out for $30. Her order was $11. It doesn't make any sense. Why would she do that? I did keep the money, but I felt weird about it.

I'm still astounded. The only explanation I can come up with is that I think before she opened the door I heard somebody say "He's cute." So, as it turns out, I can make it on my looks alone. I always had a feeling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she was probably a ghost